Cultivating strategic partnerships has allowed the Jayhawk Buddy System to thrive on and off campus. Examples of successful collaborations have included:
- KU Buses & SafeRide Cars - provided branded decals for campus buses and T-shirts for vehicle operators.
- Memorial Union - promoted responsible drinking on home football game days with branded signage.
- Alumni Association - promoted happy hour etiquette, partnered on homecoming week events and a feature article in the Kansas Alumni magazine for the 10th anniversary of the Jayhawk Buddy System.
- Student Union Activities- sponsored drive-in movies.
- Center for Orientation and Transition Programs- introduced the program to new Jayhawks.
- O’Malley Beverage - supplied local bars/establishments and liquor stores with branded items such as drink coasters, door posters, T-shirts for staff to wear on shift and pens for customer use.
- Kansas Department of Transportation & KU Athletics - coordinated flash mobs at men’s basketball games, promoted a designated driver incentive on home football game days, participated in the safe celebrations task force during NCAA men’s basketball tournament and promoted safe driving practices at athletic events.
- J. Rieger & Co & KU Athletics - received $10,000 through a product partnership between KU Athletics and local distillery, J. Rieger & Co, to produce a limited edition Rock Chalk Rye.