Jayhawk Buddy System Principles
- Sets the expectation for Jayhawks to be responsible and help one another.
- Reminds students of the protective measures they already employ.
- Gives students the tools to be a positive influence on their friends.
- Capitalizes on the positive and protective behaviors used by most students.
- Treats peer group influence as an asset rather than a liability.
- Mobilizes the power of the positive influence of the peer group.
- Appreciates that students are more strongly influenced by relationships than rules.